Want to join?
Come to one of our 3 call out meetings! They will be on Tuesday Aug. 30 from 7-8 PM, Wednesday Aug 31 from 7-8 PM, and Thursday Sept. 1 from 7-8 PM! The location is Woodburn Hall.
Every semester, our members are required to attend 2 volunteering, 1 social, and 1 fundraising event. Additionally, attendance at the general body meetings is encouraged. The GB meetings are held every other week on Wednesdays @ 7 PM. Dues are $10, which can be paid in cash or through Venmo @medlifeatiu22-23
If you’re interested in joining us, please fill out the membership form here!
Submitting Membership Requirements
To be a member, you must attend 2 volunteer, 1 social, and 1 fundraising event. To go on an SLT, you have to do 3 volunteering events, 1 social, and 1 fundraising event. Feel free to attend more than the required number of events!
Phlebotomy Class Information:
About: Training length is 2 days, Sat Oct 22nd & Sun Oct 23rd from 9~6pm. Location: TBA. Check-in is promptly at 8:15am on Saturday. On Sunday, class usually wraps up around 2:30pm, with an optional discussion afterward about strategies, fielding questions about job/volunteer opportunities as a phlebotomist, etc. I recommend checking out the reviews, Nick is a very experienced instructor with a diverse research background.
Cost: Total class cost is $380 + a separate $55 MEDLIFE Club fee. This includes the $80 non-refundable registration deposit to reserve your spot. Cost covers class time, text, and a mock medical kit. The balance payment ($300) is made on Saturday’s check-in; acceptable payments* are: cash (preferred), some cryptocurrency in advance of class upon request, cashier’s checks or money orders only (make payable to MET Services). *Please note: personal checks, PP, credit cards or Venmo are not accepted on class day.
Food: Lunch/Snacks are not provided; you will need to bring your own. There will be no break for you to run out and buy lunch.
Sign-up & Registration:
1. Sign up here first to get on the class list. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis when you have completed Step
2. Class capacity is 30 students. Updates will be provided on the sign-up sheet as time progresses as far as the number of seats remaining goes. Even if it looks filled, add your info to the list because this is not the final sign-up list, so do not pay attention to the numbering system on the sign-up sheet. Even if you cannot make this class, add your info anyway so you can be contacted for future classes.
3. Fill out the attached registration form and turn in your $80 deposit + $55 MEDLIFE Club fee. Deposit/fee payments accepted via Venmo: @medlifeatiu22-23 or in-person via cash.
4. Wait for an email confirmation receipt from me. The registration form, deposit and club fee need to be turned in before I am able to confirm your seat.
5. Read class orientation instructions that will be sent to you in the week before class.
Note from the instructor about certification:
Certification is valid anywhere in the United States for two years from certification date with the exception of: California, Washington State, Nevada, Louisiana (there are a different in-state training/licensing, so if you need it there, contact appropriate agency and find out about requirements and exemptions); students have also drawn blood in other countries. There are various places around the country including the Midwest and your Bloomington campus where students have gained employment after class.
- Registration Form (required)
- The documents below are the class reviews, class overview, flier, and explanation for paid waitlist document.
Get in touch with us!